Scenic Aperture workshops provide unique and exciting opportunities to photograph some of North America’s most beautiful areas while providing meaningful learning opportunities for photographers of every skill level. Each workshop is lead by Scenic Aperture’s founder, Frank Comisar, an award winning photographer who travels extensively to photograph North America’s most beautiful locations. Your creative juices and your passion for photography will soar as you experience the best of what nature has to offer with Frank and workshop participants from all over the world. All camera makes and models are welcome. Our focus is digital photography but film cameras are welcome too.
Each workshop is comprised of two components. First, each includes sunrise and sunset photo shoots. We get up early and stay out late to take advantage of the best light. Second, digital dark room sessions are held during the middle part of the day when lighting conditions deteriorate. During these sessions, participants learn fundamentals of digital post processing. These sessions are based on hands-on learning utilizing your own photographs, computers, and software.
Who should attend Scenic Aperture workshops?
- The beginner who knows the basics of their camera but would like to learn how to use advanced features to improve their picture taking experience and results.
- The advanced amateur who has mastered their camera but would like explore creative and artistic opportunities of photography
- The technology-challenged who are overwhelmed by the complexity of PhotoShop but want to learn how post-processing software can take your photos to a whole new level.
- Those who know the basics of PhotoShop but are interested in advanced topics such as RAW conversion, Layers, Curves, and other powerful features.
- Fun loving photographers who want to share their passion for nature and photography with others with similar interests.
Our workshops are both exhausting and exhilarating. Our days are long and we work hard to take advantage of our time together. We will push you to have fun, develop your creativity, and create beautiful images for which you can be proud. Please contact me for more information or any questions you mayhave